Product - Compliance, Melbourne, Full Time.
Stax is a home-grown start-up revolutionising the AWS cloud experience. Our aim is to provide a platform that automates and streamlines critical tasks to provide a secure and efficient developer experience. Stax comprises of a team of over 40 cloud artisans passionate about the quality outcomes our product delivers. With over 40 active customers across three continents, our customers range from fast food, to luxury, to ASX top 20. We've cultivated an environment based on creativity. When people who care about their craft are given the freedom to explore possibilities without limits, amazing things happen. There are no cool cliques, just a hard-working team generating ideas and devising solutions in a creative and collaborative workspace.
Our Stax tribe are going through a period of massive growth and we're pretty chuffed to be announced as one of the Top 3 fastest growing companies across Australia by CRN Australia and Schneider Electric.
We're looking for Mid-level (Ruby) Engineer to join our compliance engineering team on a permanent basis. You'll be an engineer with data application experience that has an ability to work in a fast-moving environment to help face into our growth.
Our Compliance team builds, maintains and improves our compliance product that is used and loved by our customers. We have a mission to make sure that our "customers clouds are built correctly and securely". To achieve this, we are building scalable data pipelines that deal with hundreds of millions of data points and terabytes of data to deliver value to our customers.
A successful candidate will bring their software and DevOps skills to continue to deliver value while setting us up for growth in the future. They will be joining an established cross-functional development team that's agile, fun, and driven to build high quality product. This is a great opportunity for someone to tackle complex data problems and evolve our AWS systems to meet the new demands of our customers.
As part of the team you'll
- Design and improve existing data pipelines so they are lightning fast
- Help manage and evolve our AWS infrastructure
- Implement GraphQL and REST API endpoints for frontend and internal applications
- Brainstorm, design, and iterate on solutions that deliver innovative features to our customer base
- Assist customer success with technical questions
- Have a voice in how the team achieves their goals
- Build features and own outcomes
- Work with our experienced team to further develop your skills
We’re looking for someone with
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in developing high level web applications using Ruby
- Previous experience in developing modern, scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures in AWS
- An interest in data solutions!! Including data lakes, data pipelines, AI, and ML
- Previous data pipeline experience, especially using AWS services, like Athena, Glue, and Kinesis
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- A DevOps/SRE mindset (i.e. you build it, you run it)
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- A mature, proactive and ‘can do’ approach to problem solving
- A passion for working collaboratively in a team, that is all about delivering to the highest standards
- A passion for learning
Our values reflect the way we work. We’re a casual, inclusive bunch, with team members from a variety of backgrounds collaborating as a team to overcome challenges. Everyone is given space to learn and develop their skills and knowledge. We support each other in all ventures, whether attaining a new AWS certification or trying their hand at baking sourdough or brewing beer. We create remarkable experiences for our customers and we treat others the way we would like to be treated.