Receive customized notifications for changes to your cost and compliance posture
Notifications is a feature within Stax that allows you to stay abreast of changes to cost and compliance without needing to check the console. There are two types of Notifications that can be configured: Reports and Alerts. Reports provide detailed information about cost and compliance within your accounts, whilst Alerts provide notifications when certain criteria are met. For example, you can configure an alert to be triggered when your monthly budget reaches 90% of your AWS usage.
Stax provides multiple delivery channels for your notifications:
- Microsoft Teams
Navigate to the Email tab within the Notifications page to view your email notifications. Email notifications are divided into two sections:
- Personal notifications: This section provides an overview of notifications that you have created or notifications which list you as a recipient. In addition to this, a number of default notifications are made available which Stax has created for you. These are identifiable by the purple tick.
- Organization notifications: This section lists all notifications created within your Organization. Notifications can be edited and deleted within this section. To edit the notifications, click the ellipsis on the card and select edit or delete.
Navigate to the Slack tab within the Notifications page to view your Slack notifications. Your Slack instance must be connected with Stax in order for Notifications to be configured. This is done as part of the notification creation process (see below). Slack notifications you have configured can be edited or deleted by clicking the ellipsis on the card.
Webhook notifications allows you to send notifications to a specific URL. Navigate to the Webhook tab within the Notifications page to view your Webhook notifications. Webhook notifications you have configured can be edited or deleted by clicking the ellipsis on the card.
Microsoft Teams notifications allows you to send notifications to a specific Teams channel. Navigate to the Microsoft Teams tab within the Notifications page to view your Microsoft Teams notifications. Microsoft Teams notifications you have configured can be edited or deleted by clicking the ellipsis on the card.
Creating a Notification
- Log in to the Stax Console
- Open the customer menu in the left-hand nav (click the arrow next to your alias)
- Select Notifications from the customer menu
- Click the Create Notification button at the top right-hand side of the page
- Choose either Email, Slack, Webhook, or Microsoft Teams as the delivery method
- Follow the prompts to configure your desired notification
- Click Create Notification
To view your notification, navigate to the tab of the Delivery Channel you chose as part of creation.
Each Delivery Channel will require slightly different information as part of the configuration process:
- Email: You will be asked to provide the recipient's email addresses
- Slack: You will be asked to connect your Slack instance to Stax and choose a Slack channel as the recipient
- Webhook: You will be asked to provide a URL
- Microsoft Teams: You will be asked to provide a URL. This URL is the URL of your Teams Incoming Webhook.
Managing Notification Subscription Preferences
You can manage the personal email notifications you receive from Stax. This allows you to enable or disable the various notifications Stax may send you from time to time.
Log in to the Stax Console
Open the customer menu in the left-hand nav (click the arrow next to your alias)
Select Notifications from the customer menu
On the Email tab, ensure Personal is selected. From here, the ON/OFF toggle allows you to enable or disable the email notifications you wish to receive from Stax.