Duplicate a View
Duplicating an existing Stax View allows you to create a new View with the same settings as an existing View
Stax uses Views to display your AWS data in a way that aligns with your business needs.
When creating Views with similar setups, dimensions and segments, you can duplicate an existing View. This allows you to to save time and effort while creating new Views.
Before You Begin
- Estimated time to complete: 5 minutes
- When creating new Views, it may take up to (or in some cases more than) four hours for the View's cost and compliance data to display correctly
- Ensure you are a member of either the Admin or Cost & Compliance Admin role in your Stax tenancy
- You should have a good understanding of your organization's tag and account structure
What Is Copied When a View Is Duplicated?
Duplicating a View will create a new View with the following settings copied:
- Segment, dimensions, and mapped data
- Monthly Budgets
- Shared Infrastructure
- Settings, including new value mapping
Duplicate a View
Log in to the Stax Console
Select Views from the left-hand nav
A list of all your organization's Views will be displayed on the Views page.
To duplicate an existing View, click the vertical ellipsis (⋮) located to the right of the View's name, then select Duplicate from the list
Give your View a meaningful name and click Duplicate View
Your newly created View will be shown on your organization's Views page
To edit the duplicated View's settings, click on the View name
Make the desired changes to your View's dimension and segment configuration, monthly budgets, settings and if applicable any shared infrastructure
Once you've finished, it can take some time (depending on the amount of data to be processed) for the values to be calculated across Stax.