The Stax Networking Hub forms the basis of a Stax Network. It manages the traffic and connectivity between AWS resources, AWS VPCs and external resources.
The Stax Networking Hub forms the basis of a Stax Network. It manages the traffic and connectivity between AWS resources, AWS VPCs and external resources. A Stax Networking Hub deploys the below resources:
- AWS Transit Gateway: A dedicated gateway for connecting your VPCs, on-premises data centers and other distributed networks.
- Transit VPC: A Stax built and managed VPC that provides centralized outbound access/egress to the internet with preconfigured secure routes. This VPC is called the Transit VPC.
- Private Hosted Zones: An AWS Route53 hosted zone enabling Interface VPC Endpoints attached to the Stax Transit VPC which are shared across all VPCs within a Networking Hub.
Stax gives you the ability to configure egress and ingress services to enable or disable these additional resources:
- AWS NAT Gateway: A gateway that allows resources in the private subnet of the Stax Transit VPC to connect to the internet or other AWS resources.
- Internet Gateway: A VPC component that allows communication between your VPC and the internet.